According to Goodreads I read 102 books last year, of which around 90 of them are actual books and the rest are comics and audio books. So for 2013, I'm going to aim for a little more at 120 actual books which means I will need to read between 2 to 3 books per week. Pretty doable I think.
I've been buying plenty of books during the holiday sales and while my "to read" pile is growing ever larger, I hope this year would be a productive year and I'll make some progress in clearing the pile. So here's my target for 2013:
Series to Finish
- Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks - It's been a while since I finished the first two books but I can never bring myself to finishing the series.
- The First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie - Loved the world building in the first book and can't wait to see how everything will end.
- Bel Dame Apocrypha by Kameron Hurley - Another great series with fascinating settings and also love the unique magic/science system.
Series to Catch up on
- Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
- Horus Heresy by Various authors
- Legend of Drizzt by R. A. Salvatore
I love these series. Even though there are a lot of books in these series, I hope I can catch up with the latest release this year.
Series to Start
- Demon Cycle by Peter V. Brett
- Space Marines Battles by Various authors
- Newsflesh by Mira Grant
- Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb
- Shadows of the Apt by Adrian Tchaikovsky
Series to re-read
- Dune Chronicles by Frank Herbert
I'm sure I haven't covered all the books that I want to read, so what else do you think I should be reading this year?