According to Goodreads I read 102 books last year, of which around 90 of them are actual books and the rest are comics and audio books. So for 2013, I’m going to aim for a little more at 120 actual books which means I will need to read between 2 to 3 books per week. Pretty doable I think.
I’ve been buying plenty of books during the holiday sales and while my “to read” pile is growing ever larger, I hope this year would be a productive year and I’ll make some progress in clearing the pile. So here’s my target for 2013:
Ps: before starting, I want to say thanks to Sarah, a mom blogger, who gave me many ideas for writing. Let’s visit her blog’s latest article – www.kidfriendlyhome.com/best-outdoor-cat-house-shelter-reviews/
Series to Finish
- Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks – It’s been a while since I finished the first two books but I can never bring myself to finishing the series.
- The First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie – Loved the world building in the first book and can’t wait to see how everything will end.
- Bel Dame Apocrypha by Kameron Hurley – Another great series with fascinating settings and also love the unique magic/science system.
- Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
- Horus Heresy by Various authors
- Legend of Drizzt by R. A. Salvatore
Series to Start
- Demon Cycle by Peter V. Brett
- Space Marines Battles by Various authors
- Newsflesh by Mira Grant
- Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb
- Shadows of the Apt by Adrian Tchaikovsky
These are all great series that I wanted to read last year but for some reason or another I didn’t start them. I already have the first book in Demon Cycle, Farseer Trilogy and Shadows of the Apt sitting on my Kindle already and I hope to tackle them soon.
Series to re-read
- Dune Chronicles by Frank Herbert
I loved this series when I was younger. I would love to revisit the books and see if I understand the concepts better now that I’m older.
I’m sure I haven’t covered all the books that I want to read, so what else do you think I should be reading this year?